Friday, March 12, 2010

Employee issue

http://www.mediaunion.ca/blog/

http://www.mediaunion.ca/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/millsaffidavit.pdf



ONTARIO
SUPERIOR COURT OF JUSTICE
(COMMERCIAL LIST)
IN THE MATTER OF THE COMPANIES' CREDITORS ARRANGEMENT ACT, R.S.C.
1985, c. C-36, AS AMENDED
AND IN THE MATTER OF A PLAN OF COMPROMISE OR ARRANGEMENT OF
CANWEST PUBLISHING INC.lPUBLICATIONS CANWEST INC., CANWE8T
BOOKS INC. AND CANWEST (CANADA)
AFFIDA VIT OF RUSSELL MILLS
(Sworn January 28,2010)


consequence of the CCAA filing, I no longer receive payment of my SERA
benefits. This loss has had a significant impact on my income and I cannot replace
it. Furthermore, the loss of my SERA payments has severely impacted my
retirement, which I had planned for based on the receipt of the SERA payments. I
understand from the pre-filing report of the Monitor, that in total seven (7) retirees
and two (2) current employees have seen their entitlements under the SERA
unilaterally terminated.

More misinformation, The big Canadian banks that, in effect, are [NOT] currently running the company because of the debts owed them, have made an offer of $925-$950 million for “substantially all” the newspapers, websites, printing plants, etc. [Scotia bank only owed 75 million, yet Scotia bank reported in the news as one of the top lender to Canwest.]

No comments: