Monday, April 6, 2009

No. 09-1067 Victoria Registry



IN THE SUPREME COURT OF BRITISH COLUMBIA

BETWEEN:
PETITIONER
AND: British Columbia (Attorney General)
RESPONDENT

AFFIDAVIT

I, writer
MAKE OATH AND SAY THAT: [or SOLEMNLY AFFIRM AND SAY THAT:]

[1] I am the deponent in the Petition. I am a registered referendum advertising sponsor.

[2] I put up posters – STV tags -- in and around Victoria. My promoting STV is being undermined, and irrevocably harmed by the “Electoral Reform Referendum 2009 Act Regulations” -- robs me of my slogans. I am very upset by this intolerable situation. The regulations are malicious, and are costing me my right to express what I want to say. The current Government is undermining my faith in democracy.

[4] I swear that I have not read about the impugned referendum regulations in any mainstream newspaper. I am sure they must be published at least a few times somewhere, but can not find it. I am trying to change this. I have past experience lobbying local newspapers, but have never been successful. I found a way to access reporters on this issue, by phoning the Legislature Press Gallery. Various reporters take turns answering the phone. I am preparing a report to the Court to who I talked to – interviewed -- and their position. Hoping to convience them to do the right thing.

[5] These regulations have the made me a political criminal. I am under threat of imprisonment for my political beliefs. I have tried not to break the Law here, but I have put up a few tags that said, “Don’t Vote for either the NDP or Gordon Campbell; but do vote STV.” I have now refrained from doing so, as I have a way focus my disdain for these unlawful laws, by taking them to Court.


Sworn [or AFFIRMED] BEFORE ME at
)
In the Province of British Columbia, this )
day of 2009 )
)
)
Name: )
A commissioner for taking )
affidavits of British Columbia. )

No comments: